Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Walk Like A 'Gyptian

   

    What do have today?  Huck and Jim's seedy sketch of a 'gyptian queen. Nope.  We do have Lesko's attempt to render a woman in side profile.
    Similar to Egyptian paintings and reliefs Lesko chooses the angle of view that best defines the figure, but D.K does not quite pull it off.  The face is perfect; in profile, expressionless, and eyes toward the future.  The legs, feet, and arm are accordingly in side view, but the hand is in front view.  I have no idea what is happening with her chest, it is beyond my ability to describe.  D.K. Lesko is not an ancient Egyptian artisan so I forgive him for these derivations and I thank him for creating one of my favorite drawings.  Enjoy!



Baby's first steps
or
Where the fuck does she think she's going?



A breast reduction to bring figure in balance




A second leg makes things easier for some



    It is interesting how Lesko transitions from sure -if not clumsy- line work into sketchy lines. Throughout these works he seems to have a problem with the lower half.  I can only hope he resolved these issues.

-Paw

No comments:

Post a Comment