Thursday, December 1, 2011

Discovery!

I'm Paw Jackson and I love Flea Markets. I collect records, keyboards, and old sci-fi paperbacks.  Four Seasons Flea Market is in my hometown of Campbell, Ohio and on a recent late summer visit I found a real treasure.  I was flipping through the boxes of my favorite (only) record dealer at Four Seasons and a cover featuring a muscled dude holding back some dobermans caught my eye.  It was lighter than usual and too flexible, "ah fuck no record".

Disappointment flashed to excitement as I found a collection of female studies by D. K. Lesko inside of Thor's "Keep The Dogs Away".  Considering the contents "Keep The Moms Away" would be more apropos.

The drawings are tucked in the sleeve for Blizzard Of Oz. Copious Stainage.


I was almost as excited as the time I bought a mint Wurlitzer 200A w/ sustain pedal for $35 at the same flea market. The dealer gave me the record cover for free since there was no vinyl and he didn't even want to know what was inside.

 The initial goal of this blog is simply to share D. K. Lesko's conception of woman.  I'll share the compositions gradually, provide insights, and request MORE teenage boys visions of the feminine form.

Thanks, Paw

1 comment:

  1. But how much did he charge for the portfolio of Mr (?) Lesko's early work?

    ReplyDelete